Monday, August 12, 2002

My tribute to Tori Amos and her thought provoking lyrics....

Tears on the sleeve of a man, don't want to be a boy today.
Feeling witches burning, gets a little toasty.
Now she seems to be sand under his shoes.
Put on your raincoat again, cause even the sun's got a price on it.
Icicle, Icicle, where are you going? I have a hiding place when spring marches in.
Got a cloud sleeping on my tongue. He goes then it goes and kiss the violets as they're waking up
Is she still pissing in the river now? Heard she's gone, moved into a trailer park
Thought she deserved no less than she'd give, well happy birthday, her blood's on my hands
it's kind of a shame cause I did like that dress it's funny the things that you find in the rain
I know a cat named Easter. He says will you ever learn? You're just an empty cage girl if you kill the bird.
She's been everybody else's girl maybe one day she'll be her own
So you found a girl who thinks really deep thoughts, What's so amazing about really deep thoughts
Boy you best pray that I bleed real soon, How's that thought for you
I wanna smash the faces of those beautiful BOYS. Those christian boys So you can make me cum
that doesn't make you JESUS
I run off where the drifts get deeper. Sleeping beauty trips me with a frown
And I'll run naked through the streets without my mask on And I will never need umbrellas in the rain
Sometimes I think you want me to touch you. How can I when you build a great WALL around you
Look I'm standing naked before you, Don't you want more than my sex
I can scream as loud as your last one, But I can't claim innocence
The phone has been disconnected, Dripping with blood and with time and with your advice
Poison me against the moon.
I tell you there're pieces of me you've never seen Maybe she's just pieces of me you've never seen well
Yes I wore a slinky red thing, Does that mean I should spread for you, your friends, your father, Mr Ed?
We danced in graveyards with vampires till dawn. We laughed in the faces of kings never afraid to burn
When he sucks you deep, sometimes you're nothing but meat
Father Lucifer, you never looked so sane, you always did prefer the drizzle to the rain
Ratatouille Strychnine, sometimes she's a friend of mine.
With a gigantic whirlpool, that will blow your mind.
Building, tumbling down. Didn't know our love was so small, couldn't stand at all
And Moses I know, I know you've seen fire. But you've never seen fire, until you've seen Pele blow
No one's picking up the phone, guess it's clear he's gone. And this little masochist is lifting up her dress.
I don't want to lose him, he must be worth losing, if it is worth something.
She's addicted to nicotine patches. She's afraid of the light in the dark
Make me laugh, say you know what you want. You said we were the real thing
So I show you some more and I learn what black magic can do.
Madness a lilac mess in your prom dress and you say I guess I'm an underwater thing.
These tears I've cried, I've cried a thousand oceans. And if it seems I'm floating in the darkness, well,
I can't believe that I wouldn't keep, keep you from flying.
So I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home