Oops. No blog entry yesterday. Well I'm doing one today so this is an improvement. I think I'm going to do some random segments about my observations of people, intimate or otherwise. These people make me go... WHY? Maybe I'll call them.....
"From the couch, a Lunatic's Perspective".
Hmmm first one and its hard to choose. Ok got it. Names are changed to protect the insane. For over four years, I have worked with this one woman, call her Diane. During the course of her employment, she was engaged, married and divorced. She seemed to have frequent communication conflicts with a good majority of the staff, including myself. She had a tendancy to have a very forceful tone and her choice of words somehow made you feel two inches tall. We were both promoted to middle management positions and I was forced to take on a higher professionalism level with her. It was a very trying position and required a buttload of patience and biting my tongue. She was very quick to criticize and demean people. Not very good when put in a management position, in my opinion. Not that I am perfect, I make plenty of mistakes but I usually learn from them and am able to curb my attitudes and focus on resolution. Our manager was finally pushed over the edge and this woman could push her buttons any time. My duty was to keep the peace. I often felt the middle child syndrome coming on just trying to get them to get along. We were eventually sent to a conference together in Reno. Long way from home so I played nice. I learned alot about her family. She is the youngish portion of a 13 child family. Catholics of course. She seemed well loved by her parents, despite the obvious competition. I know they rescued her out financially on several occasions. When we returned from Reno, a friend picked her up, a male friend. When I asked her, she laughed and told me he was gay. I found out later she was living with him and had been doing so after her divorce. She had caught her husband with his secretary. Bad, yes. But,.I found out she was sleeping with this same guy at the same time her husband was cheating as well. Eventually, she had to leave the "gay" guy because as it turns out he is a coccaine addict and was begining to beat her. Kudos for her for leaving. She seeme to be a hypochondriac and was constantly going to the doctor thinking she had cancer or menangitis. Apparently one time she went to the ER and diagnosed with severe dehydration. The doctor notified social services and they kept her in the hospital psyche ward to discuss why the enamel was erroded from her teeth and why she continued to barf up food. After a while I could tell when she had been barfing at work. My manager also knew and would ask her about it saying, "You've been doing it again, haven't you?" She would blink innocently and deny the whole thing. Eventually she did lose a lot of weight but she looked like crap, pale and sickly. To disguise this, she began to go to a tanning salon. She had been thinking about leaving to go back to school for over a year and we were all praying she would leave. Tired of the drama and selfish episodes, we were happily told she would be leaving in the next month. During this time, she had apparently been going to clubs and sleeping with men. She met one from California. Sad but true, she was shocked when she found out she was pregnant. When she tried to find this man, she found out he had been arrested and returned to California for car theft. Quality individual. So here she is, Catholic, vomiting her meals, having unprotected sex and now she's bringing another life into the world. She left before we found out whether he kept the baby or aborted it. Hell, she made up so many lies for attention, maybe she lied about being pregnant too. She just makes me say, "Why?".
What in her life was so devastating to make her be such a wreck. Why did she think her actions were mature and responsible? What actions culminate such a miserable being? I just don't get it.
"From the couch, a Lunatic's Perspective".
Hmmm first one and its hard to choose. Ok got it. Names are changed to protect the insane. For over four years, I have worked with this one woman, call her Diane. During the course of her employment, she was engaged, married and divorced. She seemed to have frequent communication conflicts with a good majority of the staff, including myself. She had a tendancy to have a very forceful tone and her choice of words somehow made you feel two inches tall. We were both promoted to middle management positions and I was forced to take on a higher professionalism level with her. It was a very trying position and required a buttload of patience and biting my tongue. She was very quick to criticize and demean people. Not very good when put in a management position, in my opinion. Not that I am perfect, I make plenty of mistakes but I usually learn from them and am able to curb my attitudes and focus on resolution. Our manager was finally pushed over the edge and this woman could push her buttons any time. My duty was to keep the peace. I often felt the middle child syndrome coming on just trying to get them to get along. We were eventually sent to a conference together in Reno. Long way from home so I played nice. I learned alot about her family. She is the youngish portion of a 13 child family. Catholics of course. She seemed well loved by her parents, despite the obvious competition. I know they rescued her out financially on several occasions. When we returned from Reno, a friend picked her up, a male friend. When I asked her, she laughed and told me he was gay. I found out later she was living with him and had been doing so after her divorce. She had caught her husband with his secretary. Bad, yes. But,.I found out she was sleeping with this same guy at the same time her husband was cheating as well. Eventually, she had to leave the "gay" guy because as it turns out he is a coccaine addict and was begining to beat her. Kudos for her for leaving. She seeme to be a hypochondriac and was constantly going to the doctor thinking she had cancer or menangitis. Apparently one time she went to the ER and diagnosed with severe dehydration. The doctor notified social services and they kept her in the hospital psyche ward to discuss why the enamel was erroded from her teeth and why she continued to barf up food. After a while I could tell when she had been barfing at work. My manager also knew and would ask her about it saying, "You've been doing it again, haven't you?" She would blink innocently and deny the whole thing. Eventually she did lose a lot of weight but she looked like crap, pale and sickly. To disguise this, she began to go to a tanning salon. She had been thinking about leaving to go back to school for over a year and we were all praying she would leave. Tired of the drama and selfish episodes, we were happily told she would be leaving in the next month. During this time, she had apparently been going to clubs and sleeping with men. She met one from California. Sad but true, she was shocked when she found out she was pregnant. When she tried to find this man, she found out he had been arrested and returned to California for car theft. Quality individual. So here she is, Catholic, vomiting her meals, having unprotected sex and now she's bringing another life into the world. She left before we found out whether he kept the baby or aborted it. Hell, she made up so many lies for attention, maybe she lied about being pregnant too. She just makes me say, "Why?".
What in her life was so devastating to make her be such a wreck. Why did she think her actions were mature and responsible? What actions culminate such a miserable being? I just don't get it.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home