Is there anything as nice as a cool afternoon rain, snuggling with warm kitties underneath a hand knitted afghan? Hmmm maybe waking up warm and toasty and sampling some of Perki's chocolate chip cookies with bits of pecan in them as a close second. I feel so lazy today. It feels wonderful. Nothing pressing to do. And egads, the Cowboys are winning! I must be dreaming. My soul aches for the fall and winter weather here in Texas. The smell of the seasons often flow on the wind. Right now, I can just barely catch the fall's stirrings. Everything is still green so I know it won't be too soon. But how I long for those chilled mornings when I war with myself on whether I want to leave my warm bed or go get some hot tea sweetened with honey. It's all Mark's fault really, making me think of food smells. I seem to only cook in the cooler months so obviously I thought of those smells. Days like these are just country dirt roads drifting off aimlessly into the distance. Life is simplistically blissful. This is the epitome of Sundays. A wonderful ending to a crappy week. Let's pray Monday never comes.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home