Friday, June 27, 2003

Words, thoughts, feelings on paper.....

My world is turning upside down
Swirling and roiling like the ocean
Points of reference are scrambled
Clarity and reason become vague shadows
Rain seems to fall towards the sky
While clouds float along the ground
I try to right my bearings
Twisting and turning without purchase
My tears are choking my lungs
I gasp upon the salty brine of my misery
How have I become so unbalanced?
A soft wind scatters me like fallen leaves
My shoulders strain under this weight
Pulling me down into dark oblivion
My heart is a white dove on the wing
Searching a drowning world for signs of life
I could find warm comfort
In the thought of the world swallowing me whole
I am knitting together the threads of redemption
It covers me whole but the ends are unraveling
Hope is a buoyancy on which I float
Like so much flotsam and jetsam
I am tossed along the waters of indecision
And broken on the rocks of misfortune.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home