Friday, June 27, 2003

Wow did today suck. First therapy session was not such a great experience. This LPC was in a giant building with a whole floor of shrinks. "Integrated Mental Health Services" flashed at me in a giant almost neon sign. Honestly, I want to know how mental health is beneficial once it has been "integrated". And wait for the slogan. Since when do shrinks have slogans? "Improving lives through behavioral care". O.....k. So the receptionists were rude as hell. I approached to give them my stack of filled out paperwork and as I neared the glass window and opened my mouth to speak, she slammed it shut and lowered her eyes, cutting off any form of eye contact. I stood there thinking she would look up any moment. But, no she just started talking and laughing with the other girl behind the glass. I could just leave it there but hey that has personal info on those sheets, anyone could come up and take that folder. I can just see waking up in the wee hours of the morning with a prank caller giggling "heh uh heh, dude you smoked marijuana heh uhm dude. Heh." But, I did eventually give up and turn away, resolved to that fate. And, as I took two steps, the glass window opened. Bitch. So we spent 30 minutes of our session refilling out paperwork because the dumbass receptionist gave Chris the "minor" paperwork. The irony is funny. I'll have to remember to laugh after the tears go away. So we played twenty questions. My life is summed up by Chris with the following: "That game is ruining her life. She just isn't trying in life anymore." Holy shit! that's it. I didn't know you actually had to "try" at life. What the fuck have I been doing all this time? I held my tongue very well. Though eyes are the window to the soul and hold the lash of the tongue if you know how to look close enough. I think Ms. Judy did. So.... twenty five minutes of He said, She said later oh and guess what, I'm booked up until July 22nd. But, I really want to see you two on a weekly basis. Apparently Ms. Judy has built a great time machine to make that happen. Nah, really we are just shit out of luck. The only redeeming factor was that she agreed that he should stop fucking commanding me to come home. Which, of course, he forgot an hour later and has subsequently reminded me that all I have to do is pack up and come home. This post has been much more angry than I intended so I'll end it here and maybe revisit it later. Suffice to say, I am looking for another therapist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home