Today was an exceptional day. I was the Manager du Jour from noon till close. I usually hate days like these but I think I handled myself fairly well. I had to put the holiday closed message on our phone message. So, if you want a good laugh at me sounding like a zombie call 512-892-3486. My only defense was that I was caffeine lacking. It feels good to be able to laugh at myself. I got a shitload of backlog laboratory reports into our system. From heartworm tests to anal sacculectomy tumors devoid of fibrosis to hyperthyroidism. Nothing feels better than seeing a pile of papers being tossed into the recycle bin, never to be heard from again. My employees found me smiling. A rare treat for them of late. That said, the big day is tomorrow. I'm moving back to the house. I hesitate to call it home just in case things don't work out. At this point, I really have no idea what I want to happen. I just know I need things to be different. We'll see. Now, enjoy more of my morbid stylings written on the road to Iowa.
There is a haunting where I dwell
Shadows tip toe across the wall
Air chills the sun lit places
And I hear words that were never spoken
Te cat stares at empty corners
Wooden floors creak in the night
Objects are found in different locations
And I smell flowers that were never blooming
I wake from sleep in twilight's darkness
The bed next to me holds a impression
The air holds the stillness of death
And I taste the kisses that were never pressed to my lips
At the sink, I am washing dishes
I feel the prickle of another near me
Standing still, I hold my breath
And feel the touch of a ghost lover that never lived
My mind is claimed by this spectral desire
All thoughts of reason race from my head
My body trembles with anticipation
And I see the soul of a man that never existed
What is it like to love the unseen
Rapture is a fantasy that is not reality
My mind creates these events of my dreams
And I cling to wishes that will never be granted
There is a haunting where I dwell
It is ony now that I realize
I am the ghost that is haunting me
And I am doomed to an existance that never will be fulfilled.
There is a haunting where I dwell
Shadows tip toe across the wall
Air chills the sun lit places
And I hear words that were never spoken
Te cat stares at empty corners
Wooden floors creak in the night
Objects are found in different locations
And I smell flowers that were never blooming
I wake from sleep in twilight's darkness
The bed next to me holds a impression
The air holds the stillness of death
And I taste the kisses that were never pressed to my lips
At the sink, I am washing dishes
I feel the prickle of another near me
Standing still, I hold my breath
And feel the touch of a ghost lover that never lived
My mind is claimed by this spectral desire
All thoughts of reason race from my head
My body trembles with anticipation
And I see the soul of a man that never existed
What is it like to love the unseen
Rapture is a fantasy that is not reality
My mind creates these events of my dreams
And I cling to wishes that will never be granted
There is a haunting where I dwell
It is ony now that I realize
I am the ghost that is haunting me
And I am doomed to an existance that never will be fulfilled.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home