How have I found myself here
Standing tall one moment
Bending at the knee, the next
It must be so easy for you
Sitting back and watching me
Hidden behind the wall of distance
Safe in your emotional facade
Giving only what you will
And nothing more
How many times will I give myself over
Only to watch you recede into shadow
I am caught in breathless wonderment
Gasping with sensual delight
How much more will I learn of myself
Within the ministrations of your teaching
How many times will I come back for more
Only to be sent away once again
Am I not a prize worth keeping
Or am I a toy to be fondled when the mood strikes
And then put back upon my shelf to await your attentions
I wish you would realize
You can only play so much before I break
And you can't play with broken toys
Standing tall one moment
Bending at the knee, the next
It must be so easy for you
Sitting back and watching me
Hidden behind the wall of distance
Safe in your emotional facade
Giving only what you will
And nothing more
How many times will I give myself over
Only to watch you recede into shadow
I am caught in breathless wonderment
Gasping with sensual delight
How much more will I learn of myself
Within the ministrations of your teaching
How many times will I come back for more
Only to be sent away once again
Am I not a prize worth keeping
Or am I a toy to be fondled when the mood strikes
And then put back upon my shelf to await your attentions
I wish you would realize
You can only play so much before I break
And you can't play with broken toys
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home