Friday, March 26, 2004

I woke from my dreams crying again
I could almost feel your breath on my face
Imprisoned in my sheets, I lay tangled
Almost too scared to move
I could feel the old familiar aching
A tightening in my chest
I think it is true to say I hate you
Because you still affect me just the same
No matter the miles that separate us
You are there, waiting, behind my eyes
Every year I grow older
For you, I'm bound to be the child
So scared I hardly move or breathe
For years I said it was just a dream
As my mind wandered away
And now the truth is reality
I find myself a prisoner to my past
For even now as I close my eyes
I let you hurt me again
I think you deserve my hatred
But I wish I could forget
And when I closed my eyes at night
I could dream that I was falling
And not that I am that same weak child
Trapped beneath your will.
Unable to say, No.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home