Why am I sitting here alone
Thinking these thoughts of you
You say so many things
That make my heart dare to hope
Yet the miles still fill the space between us
Time is a noose that tightens around my neck
I am left dangling, hanging in the air
I think I'm blinded with romantic optimism
But the truth unravels beneath me
You cannot move forward
And I cannot move back
It is the ultimate sacrifice
Neither of us are willing to make
Where are we going
When we stand so still
So many possibilities lie before us
Much like a child's daydreaming
And I am that child
Caught in her fantasy
I wake to the coldness of reality
Our lives are a jigsaw puzzle
That would make a beautiful picture
If only we could figure out
How the pieces fit together.
Thinking these thoughts of you
You say so many things
That make my heart dare to hope
Yet the miles still fill the space between us
Time is a noose that tightens around my neck
I am left dangling, hanging in the air
I think I'm blinded with romantic optimism
But the truth unravels beneath me
You cannot move forward
And I cannot move back
It is the ultimate sacrifice
Neither of us are willing to make
Where are we going
When we stand so still
So many possibilities lie before us
Much like a child's daydreaming
And I am that child
Caught in her fantasy
I wake to the coldness of reality
Our lives are a jigsaw puzzle
That would make a beautiful picture
If only we could figure out
How the pieces fit together.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home