I have been frozen
Locked away in icy neglect
Unable to free myself
From the strands that bind me
I have past the times of struggle
When my body's last energy has escaped
When my voice's whispers
Were but silence on the breeze
When the tears that once bathed me
Now form crystalline trails down my cheek
Misery has claimed me
While I dangle, immobile
If complete darkness could hunger
I am its continuous feast
All hope has deserted me
But one day the bindings begin to snap
Piece by piece
I was granted freedom
Until one binding remained
Caught about my throat
I began choking
As I swayed like a hanged man
Without warning the noose fell away
The last of my bonds lay broken
Now I find myself falling
Terror fills my pounding heart
For I am cast out
Where once I lay solid and safe
Sensations overwhelm me
And it feels like I am drowning
Choking on the water that is my freedom
Now it is my time
My path lays out in a thousand directions
For a moment I long for
The ease of my old cage
Its predictable monotony
I am beyond that now
Floating in a vacuous space
That is my freedom
Silence echoes in my ears
It is a roar that I cannot quiet
And I am drifting
In my loneliness
Locked away in icy neglect
Unable to free myself
From the strands that bind me
I have past the times of struggle
When my body's last energy has escaped
When my voice's whispers
Were but silence on the breeze
When the tears that once bathed me
Now form crystalline trails down my cheek
Misery has claimed me
While I dangle, immobile
If complete darkness could hunger
I am its continuous feast
All hope has deserted me
But one day the bindings begin to snap
Piece by piece
I was granted freedom
Until one binding remained
Caught about my throat
I began choking
As I swayed like a hanged man
Without warning the noose fell away
The last of my bonds lay broken
Now I find myself falling
Terror fills my pounding heart
For I am cast out
Where once I lay solid and safe
Sensations overwhelm me
And it feels like I am drowning
Choking on the water that is my freedom
Now it is my time
My path lays out in a thousand directions
For a moment I long for
The ease of my old cage
Its predictable monotony
I am beyond that now
Floating in a vacuous space
That is my freedom
Silence echoes in my ears
It is a roar that I cannot quiet
And I am drifting
In my loneliness
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home