Thursday, July 15, 2004

It is a funny thing, love
You never know when it will wander into your life
When you think back on it
Can you say exactly when is the moment you fell in love
You just wake up one morning and you know you're in love
Not the day, hour or second
Just that you are in love and have been for some time
Much like gray hairs, love seems to appear overnight
 
Sadly, sometimes love also creeps away from your life
And you never really knew when it left
You just wake up one morning and you know it is gone
An emptiness is there to fill you when before
Something wonderful was alive inside of you
And you feel a little less like the person you should be
And, a little more like a failure
 
Other times
You are stupidly, insanely in love
And, you just wish you could stop
Because for something so wonderful
It tears you apart
Like a wound that just keeps on bleeding
You pray for a tourniquet to cut the blood supply
But all you can do is watch it flow away from you
We all know that love shouldn't hurt
And so there is only one thing left to do
Walk away from love
Even if the feeling is still there
 
There is some piece of crap poem that says
Love is like a bird
You must set it free
And if it flies back of its own accord
It was meant to be
Or some shit like that
I think I used to believe that
The hopeless romantic that I was
Now, I'm just a helpless realist with a sprinkling of pessimism
 
What can I do
I can't stop loving you
But, I have to stop hurting
There is no end in sight to the complications that keep us apart
I have wasted too much of my life already, waiting in the shadows
I deserve more
I deserve someone to be insanely, stupidly in love with me
Someone who doesn't fear those feelings
Someone who would traverse any distance just to be with me
 
Me, the woman who...
Makes you laugh, even if it is at yourself
Sees the beauty in you, despite the flaws you see in yourself
Matches your wit and sarcasm, blow for blow
Takes pleasure, in your pleasure and is thankful for her own
Can name a thousand things about you that makes her smile
Is insanely, stupidly in love with you
 
I love you Stupidhead
Thank you for bringing love back into my life
But, I cannot stay
So go be that bird and fly free
Maybe I am still a hopeless romantic after all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home