I am floating,
On this cloud,
So high in the sky.
If my feet were on the ground,
Surely, I would stumble.
But, I am flying.
Caught in this exhilaration,
So much, that I can barely breathe.
From one heartbeat to the next,
I have traversed the distance
Of a lifetime.
Such freedom between my toes,
I can only laugh,
Giddy with my innocence reclaimed.
Unbound by the tethers
That held me grounded for so many years,
I am happy.
For once,
There is no price to pay,
No guilt, no debt.
What I take is freely given.
And so, I yearn to give in return.
I could float forever like this,
In this warm buoyancy.
I cast my laughter out.
And hear it echoed in your voice.
And for once,
I am content.
On this cloud,
So high in the sky.
If my feet were on the ground,
Surely, I would stumble.
But, I am flying.
Caught in this exhilaration,
So much, that I can barely breathe.
From one heartbeat to the next,
I have traversed the distance
Of a lifetime.
Such freedom between my toes,
I can only laugh,
Giddy with my innocence reclaimed.
Unbound by the tethers
That held me grounded for so many years,
I am happy.
For once,
There is no price to pay,
No guilt, no debt.
What I take is freely given.
And so, I yearn to give in return.
I could float forever like this,
In this warm buoyancy.
I cast my laughter out.
And hear it echoed in your voice.
And for once,
I am content.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home