Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Joyous Mabon or Autumn Equinox

This is a blast from the past.
I think I wrote this about six years ago.
It may be a little trite and sing-songy, but I still like it.

O Blessed Mother in the sky,
I feel that Winter's kiss is nigh
This day and night, both equal rule
And I to my garden with reaping tool
The green of Summer is turning brown
And the warmth of the God sinks into the ground
For He must yield his fiery throne
And to the Summerlands be shown
With his greenness fading, I weep a tear
In a blink of the eye and Samhain is here
So Father, go run swiftly in horn'ed form
And I will greet you after winter's storm
For in the moon, there grows a spark
Again, he will emerge from the dark
Bless these grains that grow in your light
And I will think of you on coldest nights
Remembering how you warmed the earth
And counting the days until your birth
Moon Mother, bless this night of Equinox
And shine your beams where darkness stalks.

To learn more about Mabon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home