The world is swirling
Around and around
Like a children's
Merry-go-round
My heart is pounding
I can barely breathe
It catches in my chest
Burning my lungs
Sunlight rains down
Drenching my hair
I can feel it warming my skin
I am illuminated in its light
I think I am dreaming
Falling and falling
I hit the ground running
Miles and miles to get no where
I hear the music playing
An orchestra in my head
My voice joins the notes
No one stops to listen
If I were the eyes
Looking in from the crowd
I wonder if I could see
The truth behind the illusion
What do I give
What do I take
Am I full to bursting
Or parched as the desert sand
I wear the fear behind a smile
Shining for the world to see
It hides in the glint of my eyes
And no one looks that deep
How many times can you spin and spin
Close your eyes
Count to ten
And not fall down
But I am standing tall
Stiff and unyielding
Arms bending, legs lifting
No one sees the puppet strings
Around and around
Like a children's
Merry-go-round
My heart is pounding
I can barely breathe
It catches in my chest
Burning my lungs
Sunlight rains down
Drenching my hair
I can feel it warming my skin
I am illuminated in its light
I think I am dreaming
Falling and falling
I hit the ground running
Miles and miles to get no where
I hear the music playing
An orchestra in my head
My voice joins the notes
No one stops to listen
If I were the eyes
Looking in from the crowd
I wonder if I could see
The truth behind the illusion
What do I give
What do I take
Am I full to bursting
Or parched as the desert sand
I wear the fear behind a smile
Shining for the world to see
It hides in the glint of my eyes
And no one looks that deep
How many times can you spin and spin
Close your eyes
Count to ten
And not fall down
But I am standing tall
Stiff and unyielding
Arms bending, legs lifting
No one sees the puppet strings
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home