BLECH!!!
Steve and I have spent the day trying desperately to find a good MMORPG.
Tried and died? No, only tried and failed. Well, I guess there was some dying involved.
We thought we'd be smart and try the Free Trial ones so the investment of suck wouldn't make the bank account pay.
We've been playing ClanLord forever and a day. But the doom and gloomers are predicting extinction.
We've played a bit of multiplayer games like Dungeon Siege I, Balder's Gate II and Dungeon Siege II. I think we both wanted to take those concepts and play a MMORPG game that was like that.
Well so far...... THE SUCK!!!
D&D Online ---- This is OK. Graphically, it is pleasing with many avatar options. It is a little jerky when loading into the general areas. The general populace does not seem to be snerty and someone even tried to RP with us. GASP! The problem is that it is so Session Quest driven. It is like you are playing D&D and it would be great if you had six friends playing simultaneously. But, with two people trying to accomplish something and get a party together, it is quite daunting. The controls are a little overwhelming, but not as bad as some. It tries to guide you and let you know the level of quest you will be doing but we kept dying on Level 1 quests when they sent 15 Thieves that were hiding in shadows after just the two of us. I think it should recommend a party number, like Good for Parties of 4 or more. Combat seems to vary as I spent most of my time running after the beastie with my Fighter as it chased Steve's Mage.
Would I play it again, yeah maybe.
Anarchy Online --- This SUCKED. This was also graphically pleasing with the Avatars and had very interesting classes as it is set in futuristic space. But, once you make your character, it just dumps you out by yourself and forces options on you that you know nothing about that affects the future of your character. There is some newbie attempt to show you how to battle and do things but mostly you are standing there going "huh?". There are so many pop up windows, Inventory, Skills, Quests and such that for some reason need to be up simultaneously that you can't see a damned thing around you. Though Steve and I created our characters at the exact same time and chose the exact location, we emerged no where near each other. As for the community, the first thing I heard when I got dumped into the world was OocChannel: I would like to F*ck her in her Assy. And, some snert decided it would be cute to name himself after the creatures. For example, there were snakes called Shore Keets. Sure enough there was a character named Shore Keet and he kept saying "Why are you attacking me? "Why are you looting me?". It took me ten minutes to figure out how to wield my gun. After that it took me ten seconds to log off and another two minutes to UNINSTALL Anarchy Online. :) Don't waste your time or sanity on this game!
So, now we are looking at some others with failing spirit and hope. Any suggestions out there and DON'T say EverQuest or WoW! They are anathema!
Steve and I have spent the day trying desperately to find a good MMORPG.
Tried and died? No, only tried and failed. Well, I guess there was some dying involved.
We thought we'd be smart and try the Free Trial ones so the investment of suck wouldn't make the bank account pay.
We've been playing ClanLord forever and a day. But the doom and gloomers are predicting extinction.
We've played a bit of multiplayer games like Dungeon Siege I, Balder's Gate II and Dungeon Siege II. I think we both wanted to take those concepts and play a MMORPG game that was like that.
Well so far...... THE SUCK!!!
D&D Online ---- This is OK. Graphically, it is pleasing with many avatar options. It is a little jerky when loading into the general areas. The general populace does not seem to be snerty and someone even tried to RP with us. GASP! The problem is that it is so Session Quest driven. It is like you are playing D&D and it would be great if you had six friends playing simultaneously. But, with two people trying to accomplish something and get a party together, it is quite daunting. The controls are a little overwhelming, but not as bad as some. It tries to guide you and let you know the level of quest you will be doing but we kept dying on Level 1 quests when they sent 15 Thieves that were hiding in shadows after just the two of us. I think it should recommend a party number, like Good for Parties of 4 or more. Combat seems to vary as I spent most of my time running after the beastie with my Fighter as it chased Steve's Mage.
Would I play it again, yeah maybe.
Anarchy Online --- This SUCKED. This was also graphically pleasing with the Avatars and had very interesting classes as it is set in futuristic space. But, once you make your character, it just dumps you out by yourself and forces options on you that you know nothing about that affects the future of your character. There is some newbie attempt to show you how to battle and do things but mostly you are standing there going "huh?". There are so many pop up windows, Inventory, Skills, Quests and such that for some reason need to be up simultaneously that you can't see a damned thing around you. Though Steve and I created our characters at the exact same time and chose the exact location, we emerged no where near each other. As for the community, the first thing I heard when I got dumped into the world was OocChannel: I would like to F*ck her in her Assy. And, some snert decided it would be cute to name himself after the creatures. For example, there were snakes called Shore Keets. Sure enough there was a character named Shore Keet and he kept saying "Why are you attacking me? "Why are you looting me?". It took me ten minutes to figure out how to wield my gun. After that it took me ten seconds to log off and another two minutes to UNINSTALL Anarchy Online. :) Don't waste your time or sanity on this game!
So, now we are looking at some others with failing spirit and hope. Any suggestions out there and DON'T say EverQuest or WoW! They are anathema!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home