Locked within my burdened chest
Secrets whisper quiet tales
And heavy sighs within my breast
Calms the tears behind the veils
In the dark they start to wake
To creep along the wooden floor
Icy breath does quiver and shake
Numbing hands that feel no more
Stirring echoes whispered low
Barely heard above the din
With beating heart to pump the flow
Of heated blood that boils within
And in this night, it makes to rise
Like some lost spirit from its grave
But no false thought can disguise
The truth to which I am a slave
And so I pray for morning light
To come and save me from this dream
For I must flee this cursed night
Where nothing is as it should seem
Secrets whisper quiet tales
And heavy sighs within my breast
Calms the tears behind the veils
In the dark they start to wake
To creep along the wooden floor
Icy breath does quiver and shake
Numbing hands that feel no more
Stirring echoes whispered low
Barely heard above the din
With beating heart to pump the flow
Of heated blood that boils within
And in this night, it makes to rise
Like some lost spirit from its grave
But no false thought can disguise
The truth to which I am a slave
And so I pray for morning light
To come and save me from this dream
For I must flee this cursed night
Where nothing is as it should seem
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home