A little catch up time
Busy busy busy. The Harvard Law job keeps asking me to stay week after week. It feels nice to be needed and appreciated. The pay isn't great and there isn't always something to do, but not bad for temp work. The manager has already almost cried when she thinks of me not coming back. She said that she's already asked to see if it was in their budget to hire me full time and unfortunately, they don't have the funds. She has been very frank with me and said that if I needed a letter of recommendation, all I had to do was ask. I helped out on a big project and she was kind enough to buy me a thank you gift. It makes me smile.
On a sad note. I haven't been able to write about it until now. Pitshi finally succumbed to old age. My crotchety 16 year old tortoise shell who loved to be spanked has found her field of never-ending catnip. She went downhill very fast three weeks ago. Luckily, Steve and I had talked about what we wanted and that we didn't want her to suffer. We found an amazing animal hospital and we really loved the doctor. She was friendly and compassionate and still took time to explain things even though she knew I worked for a vet. We got Pitshi's ashes back. Both Steve and I still have a hard time when we do a head count and realize that there should only be five now, not six. :( We miss her but are happy to know she is at peace and not going to be in pain or pissed off that we keep fucking with her to give her meds or making her eat weird crap. It's nice to know and be confident of "the right time".
Happy Happy Time! My house got an offer on it! We're in the process of going to Title. They just had the inspector out and I need to have a few things done to it, but almost there! Cross your fingers, toes and eyes that this goes through and I can be FREEEEEEEEEE. Of course it hits me hard sometimes that the house is my only connection left in Texas and now that is going. But, I'm still smiling and thinking of the future.
I found my first "my friend". Meaning, this is a person that I met and isn't already Steve's friend. Oddly enough, we met at Harvard Law. She and I are temping for the same agency, just for different departments. We went to lunch one day and found out we have loads in common. Then we freaked each other out by discovering that she lives two houses down from us. Bizarre! Unfortunately, she is moving. But, only fifteen minutes away. Her name is Karen. She is from Western Mass and she is 9 months younger than me. She is engaged to a man 7 years younger than her. Sounding weird yet? She is just shy of a degree. She sews and is a costumer for theater. There's a million and one little things that we have in common. The most important thing is that I made a friend and it seems so much less lonely now.
Steve got suite tickets to the Sox game tomorrow night as a thank you for some project he worked on. Suite tickets...swwwweeeeet. We get a private room and attendant just for us. Well, and the other people from his company. Should be fun.
Also, we're going full out on Wednesday to experience the fireworks in Boston along the Charles River. It should be spectacular. These yankees take their 4th very, or should I say verah, seriously! Wicked pissah, eh?
Mostly good times!
Busy busy busy. The Harvard Law job keeps asking me to stay week after week. It feels nice to be needed and appreciated. The pay isn't great and there isn't always something to do, but not bad for temp work. The manager has already almost cried when she thinks of me not coming back. She said that she's already asked to see if it was in their budget to hire me full time and unfortunately, they don't have the funds. She has been very frank with me and said that if I needed a letter of recommendation, all I had to do was ask. I helped out on a big project and she was kind enough to buy me a thank you gift. It makes me smile.
On a sad note. I haven't been able to write about it until now. Pitshi finally succumbed to old age. My crotchety 16 year old tortoise shell who loved to be spanked has found her field of never-ending catnip. She went downhill very fast three weeks ago. Luckily, Steve and I had talked about what we wanted and that we didn't want her to suffer. We found an amazing animal hospital and we really loved the doctor. She was friendly and compassionate and still took time to explain things even though she knew I worked for a vet. We got Pitshi's ashes back. Both Steve and I still have a hard time when we do a head count and realize that there should only be five now, not six. :( We miss her but are happy to know she is at peace and not going to be in pain or pissed off that we keep fucking with her to give her meds or making her eat weird crap. It's nice to know and be confident of "the right time".
Happy Happy Time! My house got an offer on it! We're in the process of going to Title. They just had the inspector out and I need to have a few things done to it, but almost there! Cross your fingers, toes and eyes that this goes through and I can be FREEEEEEEEEE. Of course it hits me hard sometimes that the house is my only connection left in Texas and now that is going. But, I'm still smiling and thinking of the future.
I found my first "my friend". Meaning, this is a person that I met and isn't already Steve's friend. Oddly enough, we met at Harvard Law. She and I are temping for the same agency, just for different departments. We went to lunch one day and found out we have loads in common. Then we freaked each other out by discovering that she lives two houses down from us. Bizarre! Unfortunately, she is moving. But, only fifteen minutes away. Her name is Karen. She is from Western Mass and she is 9 months younger than me. She is engaged to a man 7 years younger than her. Sounding weird yet? She is just shy of a degree. She sews and is a costumer for theater. There's a million and one little things that we have in common. The most important thing is that I made a friend and it seems so much less lonely now.
Steve got suite tickets to the Sox game tomorrow night as a thank you for some project he worked on. Suite tickets...swwwweeeeet. We get a private room and attendant just for us. Well, and the other people from his company. Should be fun.
Also, we're going full out on Wednesday to experience the fireworks in Boston along the Charles River. It should be spectacular. These yankees take their 4th very, or should I say verah, seriously! Wicked pissah, eh?
Mostly good times!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home