
I can smell the seasons
And, here it was today
Stirring right in front of me
Like the wind through the trees
I caught the scent of Fall
With her soul full of sun
And her eyes turning towards slumber
I heard her whisper of exhale
Waiting, ready for a long winter rest
I saw her trees with their leaves
Shining yellow like a memory of Summer
Only then to turn orange
Like a burning of copper
Stoked in the fires
And emblazoned red in those dying embers
Until at last, full of life, dropping to their death
I tasted the crispness in the air
A promise of cool winds and warm bellies
Laughter and hurried journeys
Pausing only for passionate kisses
I smelled the caramel on apples
And cloves spiced in wine
I saw the plants and flowers
Nodding their heads in the breeze
Knowing their time grows short
Without regret but with promise
Promise of renewal and Spring
I feel all of these things
Shifting beneath the Autumnal force
And, it makes me smile
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home